|The gift of giving may make your heart grow 3 sizes this holiday season.
I’m changing it up today. Instead of 5 shopping suggestions by category, today’s 5×5 is 5 Tips for Donors and my top 5 Great Places to Donate.
5 Tips for Donors
1. Visit Give.org and review their Charity Reports to be sure your donation is going where you would like it to. Ideally AT LEAST 65% of your donation should go to the programs and not administration.
2. Small Token is the first mobile app designed for you to make a contribution to a nonprofit as a gift to someone important to you from your smartphone or tablet. Small Token is committed to passing on 100% of the proceeds. Visit the App Store on your device or click here to download. It’s FREE!
3. There’s nothing more fulfilling than donating YOUR TIME or as a family. Visit VolunteerMatch.org to find a worthy project. You can specify interests, skills, and preferred distance from home.
4. Increase your donation by asking if your employer offers a matching gift program to stretch your dollar.
5. If you donate online, be sure to print the receipt and hang on to it for your records.